Craig Florence is a senior trial and corporate litigation lawyer who represents private and public companies in their most complicated and contentious business divorces.
With more than 25 years of commercial litigation experience handling fiduciary duty lawsuits, trade secret claims, intellectual property disputes and fraud claims, Craig has an intimate understanding of business litigation in all its forms and has obtained substantial judgments and awards.
Frequently hired for post-acquisition disputes, Craig brings a sophisticated level of understanding of how transactions are consummated. He works closely with corporate lawyers to identify leverage and to assess allocation of risk.
Craig also has significant appellate litigation experience, arguing before the Federal Circuit, the Fifth Circuit, the Texas Supreme Court, and the Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio Court of Appeals, among others.
Craig has represented a range of clients, including:
- Barry Callebaut AG
- BearCom Group Inc.
- Brach’s Confections Inc.
- Denton County Electric Cooperative Inc.
- Ennis Paint Inc.
- GameStop Inc.
- HeartPlace PA
- Heeling Sports Ltd.
- Longview Energy Co.
- Private Equity Partners Inc.
- Raytheon Co.
- Southcross Energy Partners LP
- Southwest Agri-Plastics Inc.
- Vaisala Oyj
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law (1987), cum laude
- B.A., Austin College (1984), with honors
- Texas State Courts (1987)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1990)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1990)
- Texas (1987)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, The William ‘Mac’ Taylor American Inn of Court
- Former Chair, Aid to the Homeless Committee, Dallas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$