Craig L. Johnson is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense, nursing home/long-term care defense, professional licensure matters, general civil litigation and employment related matters. Craig maintains an active trial and appellate practice in both state and federal courts.
Craig is admitted to practice in Kentucky and before the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Craig graduated from the University of Kentucky with a B.S. in Business Management and a minor in Economics in 1991 and received his J.D. from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville in 1994.
After obtaining his law degree, Craig was an associate attorney with Williams & Wagoner for four years practicing in civil rights litigation and workers compensation. Prior to joining Steptoe & Johnson, Craig was a partner and co-founder with Whonsetler & Johnson where he represented healthcare providers throughout Kentucky and Indiana.
- Successfully won jury verdicts on behalf of physicians and other medical care providers in medical malpractice cases involving permanent injuries and death
- Represented numerous long term care facilities and assisted living facilities in approximately 100 separate wrongful death and personal injury actions
- Sought enforcement of arbitration agreement between long term care facilities and residents
- Successfully litigated numerous document intensive cases involving complex document production issues, and cases with e-discovery issues
- Negotiated resolution of licensure claims on behalf of clients with professional licensure boards
- J.D. University of Louisville
- B.S. University of Kentucky
Memberships : Kentucky Trial Court Review-2017 Most Prolific Trial Lawyer
Rate : $$$