Craig A. McDougal focuses his practice on labor and employment law and complex commercial litigation. He represents parties in state and federal court litigation and in arbitrations.
Mr. McDougal represents parties in administrative proceedings before the United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Texas Workforce Commission and other agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. McDougal was a partner at Crouch & Ramey, a litigation law firm based in Dallas, Texas, where his litigation practice included commercial claims, labor and employment, transportation, ERISA/employee benefits, and personal injury claims.
While attending law school, Mr. McDougal was an editor for the Southwestern Law Journal. Immediately after law school, he served as a clerk for the Honorable Paul N. Brown in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Mr. McDougal gives presentations and conducts training programs for clients and provides compliance information and counseling and litigation defense on all areas of employment law including issues concerning Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the American’s With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, discrimination and sexual harassment, covenants not-to-compete, employment contracts, employee benefits under ERISA, compensation under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and nonsubscriber litigation.
Besides in Texas, he represents his clients in state and federal courts in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D. (1990)
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Finance (1987)
- Texas (1990)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas – Honorable Paul N. Brown
Rate : $$$$