Craig Murdy is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction and General Liability Practices. Mr. Murdy’s legal experience has been exclusively in the field of civil litigation, and primarily in the defense of construction and general liability claims.
Mr. Murdy’s legal experience has included all aspects of litigation, i.e. civil jury trials, civil bench trials, preparation of pleadings, motions, appellate briefs; preparation of lay and expert witnesses for deposition and trial; examination of lay and expert witnesses in deposition and trial; preparation of motions in limine, pre-trial statements, jury instructions, trial memorandum and post-trial pleadings.
Representative actions include defense of class actions in Arizona and Nevada; defense of general contractors with regard to construction and/or remodeling of Las Vegas hotels and casinos; defense of contractors in claims involving construction defects, property damage, loss of income, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, and OSHA citations; defense of liquor establishments, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and casinos with regard to premises liability, including security, premises and alcohol liability issues; defense of manufacturers in product liability claims involving personal injury and property damage; as well as the representation and defense of breach of contract claims involving a variety of industries.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1986
- University of Oklahoma, Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), 1983
- State Bar Admissions : Arizona, California, Nevada
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
Associations : Arizona Association of Defense Counsel Board Member, 2005 – 2008
Rate : $$$$