Craig Schloss focuses his practice on employment and trade secret litigation. He has extensive experience litigating wrongful termination cases, employee unfair competition / trade secrets disputes, wage and hour class actions, and discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuits. He also appears before the National Labor Relations Board regarding union representation matters on behalf of management.
Prior to joining the firm, Craig was a principal in a national firm, led the Employment and Labor Group for the San Diego office of a large, international general practice firm, and served as the managing partner of that office during its early stages of rapid growth.
Craig earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona. Craig earned his law degree from the University of Illinois College of Law, where he participated in a joint degree program with the University of Arizona’s Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations.
- Defended a major multinational electronics manufacturer in trade secrets litigation involving a former employee of a competitor.
- Obtained a non-compete settlement enforcing provision in a buy/sell agreement, restraining a prior owner from establishing a competing business.
- Obtained the dismissal of a wage and hour representative action alleging unpaid overtime for a real estate management company in San Diego.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction against a former programmer of a technology company, enjoining him from using company source code in a competing business.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of a 6,000 member meal and rest period violation class action for a national retailer.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Arizona, B.A., 1977
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- Member of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Chair of the Personnel Committee; Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
- Board of Directors, Former Chair of the Board; San Diego Symphony
Rate : $$$$