Cristina Chou represents technology, telecom, and financial services companies in transactional matters. Her experience includes counseling as well as negotiating and drafting agreements involving software licensing, resale and distribution, cloud services, online advertising, marketing, fiber optic broadband networks, cybersecurity services, and other technology-related issues.
In addition to her transactional work, Cristina represents media, cable, and telecom companies on a wide variety of regulatory matters before the Federal Communications Commission.
A former vice president of regulatory affairs at Time Warner Cable and legal advisor to an FCC commissioner, Cristina is skilled in legal analysis, strategic policy development, and advocacy before the FCC. She has participated in numerous significant proceedings at the agency, on issues including ISP privacy, retransmission consent, navigation devices, online video, media ownership, children’s programming, effective competition, the digital TV transition, program carriage, program access, leased access, closed captioning, and video description.
- Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Time Warner Cable, Washington, D.C., 2008-2016
- Legal Advisor to Commissioner Robert McDowell, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C., 2006-2008
- Associate Bureau Chief, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission, Washington, D.C., 2006
- Telecommunications Analyst, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C., 2002-2004
- Senior Counsel, Teleglobe USA Inc., Reston, VA, 2001-2002
- Associate, 1997-2001; Of Counsel, 2004-2006; Morrison & Foerster LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Associate, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, Washington, D.C., 1995-1997
- Law Clerk, Hon. John G. Heyburn II, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Louisville, KY, 1994-1995
Professional & Community Activities:
- Practising Law Institute
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Women in Cable Telecommunications
- American Bar Association
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1994
- B.A., English, Economics, Duke University, 1991
Rate : $$$