Curtis Schaffner regularly assists clients in the defense and prosecution of civil lawsuits in state and federal courts and in front of various administrative agencies. He has represented companies in numerous employment and complex commercial matters, including breach of contract actions, non-competition cases, emergency injunctions, single plaintiff case, class action wage and hour disputes, harassment and discrimination cases, OSHA violations, and labor disputes.
Curtis counsels businesses on how to avoid litigation through the development and implementation of proper employment policies, practices and procedures, and provides in-house training to his clients on a regular basis. Additionally, Curtis has experience counseling clients in the formation of businesses, general corporate matters, contract negotiations, estate planning and business succession planning.
Curtis prides himself on taking the time to understand each client’s operations, character and needs so that any legal advice that he provides is not only practical, but tailored to each client’s unique situation. He has been on the other side of the court room, representing employees in various wage and hour, non-competition and breach of contract cases. This experience enables him to provide corporate clients with insight into the approach an employee/plaintiff’s attorney will use to assess the strengths and weaknesses of a particular case.
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2011, summa cum laude, Associate Notes and Comments Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- Duquesne University Honors College, B.A., 2008, magna cum laude, Political Science, Psychology & Philosophy Minor
- Vice President, Board of Directors of the Mary and Alexander Laughlin Children’s Center, 2014-present
- Member of the Allegheny County Bar Association Finance Committee, 2013-present
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$