Curtis L. Perry is a successful litigator in complex civil actions, including class actions. His litigation practice has focused on developing effective medical, scientific and statistical defense strategies primarily in the areas of toxic tort, business tort and products liability.
He has experience in developing scientific and medical expert witnesses from the pre-trial phase through deposition and trial testimony. Specifically, Curtis has worked with experts in the areas of cardiology, pulmonology, pathology, oncology, radiology, urology, thoracic surgery, otolaryngology, epidemiology, toxicology, neurology and psychiatry. He also has extensive experience in deposing plaintiffs’ experts in these fields.
With more than 15 years of litigation experience, Curtis has also coordinated the defense of cases brought by plaintiffs involving multiple defendants in courts around the country.
As a member of numerous trial teams representing Philip Morris USA, Inc. and Lorillard Tobacco Company, Curtis has defended both individual personal injury claims as well as consolidated and class action cases in state and federal courts throughout the country.
This includes the defense of a statewide medical monitoring class action trial in New Orleans, Louisiana, that lasted two years. The team successfully defeated plaintiffs’ claims for medical monitoring relief in one of the few medical monitoring cases to go to trial. He was also a member of the national team that handled the class action diet drug litigation (Fen-Phen).
- J.D., cum laude, Washburn University School of Law, 1991
- Washburn Law Journal, Associate Editor
- American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure
- B.S., Baker University, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$