Cydney A. Tune leads Pillsbury’s Copyrights group and Media & Entertainment industry teams. Cydney practice includes a wide variety of intellectual property issues, including copyrights and trademarks, as well as a broad array of entertainment, licensing and e-commerce matters.
Cydney represents a variety of clients—large and small, U.S.-based and international, and in many different industries. She chairs PLI’s Technology and Entertainment Convergence’s annual “Technotainment” all-day program, which draws 500+ attendees in New York City and San Francisco, and connects hundreds of others virtually, via webcast, worldwide.
Cydney represents a variety of clients in connection with music, video, photography, multi-media, performing arts including symphony and dance, and other entertainment projects. Her practice includes music matters, such as music licensing and digital music issues.
In transactions, she handles an array of matters, including publishing agreements, video licenses, production agreements, speaker releases, permissions agreements, artwork purchase agreements, performer clearances and rights of publicity and privacy.
Cydney also has extensive experience enforcing rights in entertainment-related intellectual property, including photographs, graphic images, and music catalogues.
Cydney’s practice also includes the representation of virtual worlds service providers and social networking websites. Her experience in the technology and entertainment industry helps clients in these emerging markets.
In response to the ever-changing laws within the music and entertainment industries, Cydney created and currently chairs the Technology and Entertainment Convergence seminar, “Technotainment,” which draws over 500 people, in New York City and San Francisco, and connects hundreds of others virtually, via webcast, throughout the country and around the globe.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Handled IP due diligence, copyright and trademark issues as well as talent issues in connection with AT&T Services Inc.’s acquisition of a media company. She also spearheaded the entertainment content and entertainment-union related aspects of this complex transaction.
- Works with a major university handling a variety of global IP issues, including copyright, IP and entertainment transactions and contracts, and licensing matters in connection with music, fine art, historical documents and more.
- Represents a variety of entertainment clients in connection with music, video, photography, multi-media and other entertainment projects.
- Practice includes the full range of copyright and trademark protection, including counseling, strategic planning, clearances, prosecution, and extensive policing and enforcement both in the United States and abroad.
- Past Vice Chair, ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, and Immediate Past Chair of the Licensing, Branding and Merchandise Division for that organization
- Immediate Past Chair, Copyright Interest Group, State Bar of California IP Section, former Executive Committee member
- Advisory Board, Internet Law & Strategy
- Executive Committee and Northern California Chapter Chair, Emeritus, Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1981
- B.A., University of Denver, 1978
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$