Ms. Cymetra M. Williams represents clients in litigation matters in federal and state courts throughout the region. She primarily focuses her practice on a broad range of complex commercial disputes, including ERISA, securities, breach of contract, and products liability, as well as commercial transactions.
Ms. Williams handles multiple aspects of state and federal practice, including drafting discovery requests and responses, pleadings, dispositive and non-dispositive motion practice, and appeals. She is also a member of the firm’s Data Privacy & Security Task Force and has drafted policies and procedures on data privacy security, including privacy policies, Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, and compliance with states’ privacy laws.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Ms. Williams completed her clerkship for the Honorable Michael A. Shipp, U.S.D.J. at the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey in Trenton, New Jersey. In this role, she was responsible for drafting opinions, reviewing motions, managing a multi-district litigation matter, and providing recommendations to the Court. She also attended civil and criminal trials, criminal sentencings, and settlement conferences.
Prior to her federal clerkship, Ms. Williams was also a judicial law clerk at the Supreme Court of New Jersey, where she worked for the Honorable Walter F. Timpone, Associate Justice in 2016 and the Honorable Mary Catherine Cuff, P.J.A.D., while she was temporarily assigned to the Supreme Court of New Jersey for the 2015-2016 term.
Ms. Williams also has vast experience with various legal issues, including IP licensing, vendor contracts, pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance rules, FDA medical device data systems (MDDS), health insurance exchanges, False Claim Act provisions for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) programs, and inverse condemnation and aviation easements, among others.
Prior to law school, Ms. Williams gained healthcare management experience while working at Montefiore Medical Center in New York. Ms. Williams also taught English as a foreign language in Osaka, Japan for the Japan Exchange Teaching Programme for two years.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D.)
- Certificate in Healthcare Compliance
- Interscholastic Moot Court Board
- Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs (M.P.A.)
- Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health (M.P.H.)
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Association for the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Garden State Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Judicial law clerk to the Honorable Michael A. Shipp, U.S.D.J., United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Trenton, NJ, 2016-2017
- Judicial law clerk to the Honorable Walter F. Timpone, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2016
- Judicial law clerk to the Honorable Mary Catherine Cuff, P.J.A.D., Supreme Court of New Jersey (t/a), Newark, NJ, 2015-2016
- Judicial extern to the Honorable Joseph A. Greenaway, Jr., Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Newark, NJ, 2014
Rate : $$$