Cynthia T. Mazareas is a leading corporate attorney and trusted business advisor to companies in the life sciences, medical device and biopharmaceutical industries. She has more than 25 years of experience providing ongoing, strategic business counsel to boards, management teams and in-house counsel, representing both high-growth private and public companies in day-to-day corporate matters and helping these companies navigate through complex business transactions.
She is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Group and Corporate Governance and Disclosure Group. Whatever type of client or matter might land on her desk, Ms. Mazareas takes great pride in her work.
She has a deep appreciation for the life sciences field, as her clients are developing innovations to improve the lives of those affected by various medical conditions. Therefore, she considers herself a business partner to her clients and offers practical and solutions-oriented advice based on her deep knowledge of the legal issues unique to the industry.
In addition to advising clients on a wide range of corporate matters, Ms. Mazareas has significant experience counseling public and private companies in venture capital and public securities offerings including IPOs, PIPEs, registered direct and Rule 144A convertible debt offerings, as well as mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, matters of SEC, NASDAQ and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and corporate governance.
Ms. Mazareas serves on the Board of Trustees of Shore Country Day School. She is also a former member of the Board of Directors for Prize4Life, Inc.
Ms. Mazareas is an author and speaker on corporate transactions, governance and other matters relating to life sciences and biotechnology companies. Ms. Mazareas is on the Board of Directors for Life Sciences Cares, a nonprofit organization that brings together the life sciences industry to eliminate the impact of poverty in the greater Boston area.
Ms. Mazareas is a member of the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. She is also a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative.
- Representation of Agios Pharmaceuticals in several follow-on offerings as well as its initial public offering and side-by-side private placement with Celgene Corporation
- Representation of Achillion Pharmaceuticals in its registered direct offering with a privately owned hedge fund sponsor
- Representation of numerous publicly traded life science companies in underwritten follow-on offerings, including Agios Pharmaceuticals, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Curis, and Infinity Pharmaceuticals
- Representation of several publicly traded life science and medical device companies in PIPE, registered direct, Rule 144A convertible debt and strategic equity transactions
- Representation of numerous privately held life science companies in early-stage, bridge and mezzanine venture capital transactions, including BlinkBio, KEW Group and Translate Bio.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1993
- BS, Boston University, 1985
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$