Cynthia Salazar is an associate in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Ms. Salazar has extensive experience advising clients on human resource issues and has represented employer and executive clients in state and federal courts, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and local and state fair employment practices agencies.
In the course of her work, she has developed particular expertise in matters involving Title VII, ADA, ADEA, the Illinois Human Rights Act, employment discrimination, non-competition, non-solicitation, and trade secrets.
Additionally, Ms. Salazar litigates wage and hour and compensation cases, including FLSA class actions, employee misclassification cases, fluctuating workweek and miscalculation claims, and Equal Pay Act cases.
Ms. Salazar also has comprehensive experience representing construction companies, trucking companies, retailers, medical providers, home healthcare providers, long-term care facilities, and insurance companies in matters involving serious and complex personal injuries and damages.
Ms. Salazar’s practice has included representation of both plaintiffs and defendants. She has a considerable background in motion practice and deposition experience, with a proficiency in expert and treating physician’s depositions. She also has experience in appellate work.
- DePaul University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences, 2000
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
Prior Experience :
- Prior to joining Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith, Ms. Salazar worked as an Associate at a Chicago-based law firm representing individuals in employment and civil rights litigation.
- While attending law school, Ms. Salazar worked full-time as a law clerk/senior paralegal at a nation-wide labor and employment firm representing employers and management employees.
- Prior to attending law school, Ms. Salazar worked numerous years as a legal secretary and paralegal.
Rate : $$$