Cynthia Sonnier is a partner in the Lafayette and New Orleans offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Workers’ Compensation Practices. Cynthia’s defense litigation primarily focuses on the general casualty field with emphasis on automobile, trucking, admiralty and maritime, oil and gas, insurance, public entity and business litigation, in addition to the defense of workers’ compensation claims on behalf of private businesses and public municipalities and LHWCA claims.
She has also successfully defended products liability claims including asbestosis and trichloroethylene exposure litigation, and has handled cases throughout the state of Louisiana.
Over the course of her 22 year career, she has tried many jury and judge trials to verdict. The cases she has handled have involved amounts in controversy ranging from as low as $10,000 to as high as $22,000,000.
- Louisiana State University, Juris Doctor, 1996
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology with a minor in English, cum laude, 1992
- State Bar Admissions, Louisiana
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Fifteenth Judicial District Bar Association
Rate : $$$