Barret Broussard’s litigation practice focuses on representing clients in a wide range of business disputes involving trademark and copyright infringement, theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, tortious interference, and breach of contract. He represents clients ranging from large corporations to individuals and from start-ups to established law firms. Barret’s extensive experience working in various Courts throughout the United States allows him to effectively strategize and navigate the complicated process of commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Barret was in private practice, where he also specialized in business disputes. Before private practice, Barret was a staff attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, where he assisted the Court at large in resolving appeals.
Barret is very active in the greater Atlanta community, and particularly so in the LGBTQ legal community. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, where he is also Co-Chair of the Law Student Outreach Committee. Among other responsibilities, Barret facilitates the Stonewall Mentorship Program, which connects practitioners with LGBTQ law students and recent graduates.
Barret also serves as the Georgia Representative to the National LGBT Bar Association. Barret is a member of the LEAD Atlanta Class of 2018, where he has engaged with civic and thought leaders throughout the Metro Atlanta Area. Barret is an active member of the LEAD Atlanta Alumni Association.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Board Member, O.U.T.
- Young professional chapter of the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Board Member, Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia
- Co-Chair, Law Student OUTReach Committee
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Member, LEAD Atlanta, Class of 2018
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2013)
- Executive Articles Edits, Emory Law Journal
- Co-President, Emory OUTLaw
- Recipient, Myron Penn Laughlin Award for Excellent in Research in Writing
- Recipients, Class of 1963 Scholarship
- Brigham Young University (B.S., 2009)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia State Courts
Rate : $$$