D. Bedford Wilder practices in the areas of transactional real estate and business law, commercial lending, and finance. He represents developers, property owners, and borrowers in commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of real property.
He represents financial institutions in negotiating and documenting loan transactions, including real estate and asset-based lending, construction financing, and loan workouts. He regularly provides closing and title services for purchase and lending transactions.
His practice includes business transactions and related legal work, including the negotiation and documentation of asset and stock purchase and sale transactions.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD (2007)
- University of Georgia, BBA, Economics (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Ongoing representation of a funeral services company in transactions involving the acquisition and disposition of funeral businesses throughout the United States. These transactions involve detailed project management and providing counsel on matters associated with the purchase and sale of business assets, including the preparation and negotiation of transaction documents and advising on due diligence.
- Representation of a cemetery company in closing a private equity direct financing facility, and served as the closing and title agent for the transaction.
- Representation of a financial institution in the closing of a loan to fund the acquisition of a distressed loan secured by a commercial office complex.
- Representation of a financial institution in the closing of a $47 million construction loan related to a large lifestyle retail center project. The firm negotiated loan documents and advised on complex title insurance and leasing issues on behalf of the lender, and managed significant underwriting risk due to ongoing construction.
Professional Activities : The Florida Bar
Community : Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$