D. Charles Stohler has been the lead partner in Carmody’s Labor and Employment practice. Chambers USA calls him “an excellent lawyer,” “creative, strategic and conscientious,” “a veteran of employment law who knows the subject matter inside out” and as having “a wealth of HR experience, giving him valuable insight into the problems and opportunities of employment and labor law.” His practical, common sense approach with clients distinguishes Chuck and the Carmody Labor & Employment practice.
Chuck’s overall employment law experience spans more than 30 years, including several stints as an HR professional. Chuck has represented clients in virtually every aspect of employment law as well as traditional labor relations matters. He has appeared before the U.S. Departments of Labor, numerous state DOLs, the EEOC, the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and other state FEP agencies, other administrative employment bodies and state and federal courts.
At the request of numerous parties, Chuck’s practice has focused on alternative dispute resolution, and he regularly serves as a neutral in mediations, arbitrations, fact findings and investigations. In particular, he has mediated numerous national and regional class and collective action wage-hour matters.
Chuck, and the Carmody Labor & Employment Group, provide training seminars and written materials on all aspects of the employment relationship. These seminars include customized management training programs as well as presentations to state and national industry groups.
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Employment Arbitrators, Member
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Employment Mediators, Member
- American Dispute Resolution Center Panel of Labor Arbitrators and Mediators, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment Executive Committee (former)
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM – Connecticut)
- Board Member, Community Mediation, Inc.
- Board Member, Waterbury Regional Chamber Health Care Council
- Member, New Haven Chamber of Commerce Human Resource Council
- Moderator, Asylum Hill Congregational Church, Hartford, Connecticut (former)
- Board Member, National Conference on Community and Justice, Connecticut/Western Massachusetts (former)
- Muhlenberg College, A.B., 1978 ~ summa cum laude
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1981
Rate : $$$$