D. E. (Ed) Wilson has a broad practice assisting private and government parties in complying with – and shaping – the laws and policies governing interactions with the federal government in the areas of financial services, domestic and non-U.S. investments in national security-related industries, political activities, and government contracting.
He previously served as deputy and acting general counsel at the U.S. Treasury Department, and held other, senior positions at the Executive Office of the President and the Treasury.
Ed is highly knowledgeable about cross-border business and financial transactions, economic sanctions, anti-money laundering/combatting the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) rules for traditional and nontraditional financial institutions, and anti-corruption standards applicable in home, host, and residence countries.
Ed also advises on U.S. and international payment matters involving card processing and issuing, prepaid cards, financial institutions, remittances, electronic funds transfers (EFTS), and Automated Clearing House (ACH) and Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) transactions. He represents clients in matters that involve :
- Formation of and regulatory issues for FinTech companies
- Anti-corruption issues (FCPA and its international counterparts)
- Economic sanctions (OFAC)
- International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (DDTC/ITAR)
- Ethics in Government Act
These matters frequently involve interaction with the Departments of Treasury, State, and Commerce; multilateral development banks; and international organizations.
In addition, Ed addresses political activities in the U.S. undertaken by or for non-U.S. nationals. He also counsels on issues related to homeland security, fiscal matters, and government contracts, and U.S. government nomination and confirmation issues.
- Associate Counsel to the President, The White House Office, Executive Office of the President
- Deputy and Acting General Counsel, U.S. Treasury
- General Counsel, Office of Administration, Executive Office of the President
- Member, Administrative Conference of the United States
- Senior procurement officer, Executive Office of the President & U.S. Treasury
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center 1976
- B.A. with distinction University of Virginia 1973
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Louisiana
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Clerk Experience : Honorable Robert L. Kunzig U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Washington Institute of Foreign Affairs
- Co-chair, American Bar Association, Battle Space and Contingency Procurements Committee
- Founding member, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Working Group
- Member, Advisory Council, International Stability Operations Association
- Business manager, St. Peter’s Productions, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Arlington, Virginia
- Vestry member, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Arlington, Virginia
- Past chairman, board of trustees, Goodwin House, Inc.
- Past chairman, board of directors, Goodwin House Foundation
- Member, Metropolitan Club of Washington, DC
Rate : $$$