D. Michael Crites’s practice focuses exclusively on white collar criminal defense and complex business litigation. As the former United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio and an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio.
He has years of grand jury and litigation experience in federal court and regularly litigates and negotiates global settlements of criminal, civil and regulatory matters on behalf of corporations and businesses throughout the United States.
He counsels and represents corporations, senior corporate executives, boards of directors, elected officials, banks, public and private universities, trucking companies and hospitals in a wide range of federal and state investigations and prosecutions.
He has guided his clients through a wide-range of high stakes government investigations, including antitrust, money laundering, environmental crimes, public corruption and campaign finance cases, as well as a number of economic crime and fraud cases relating to health care, transportation, financial, securities, tax, immigration, defense contracts and defense procurement matters.
He has also handled Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Federal False Claims Act (FCA) matters, as well as OFAC economic sanctions, Arms Export Control Act and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
Mike is frequently called upon by corporate clients to conduct confidential internal investigations to assist corporations in the different business sectors in assessing the risk of criminal prosecution or regulatory enforcement and advises corporate clients on corporate compliance and voluntary self-disclosure protocols.
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law (J.D., 1978)
- United States Naval Academy (B.S., 1970)
- United States Naval War College
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Federalist Society
- United States Senators Rob Portman and Sherrod Brown Bipartisan Judicial Advisory Commission
- Ohio Elections Commission, appointed commissioner by Governor John Kasich
- Ohio Board of Building Appeals appointed by Governor Bob Taft, past chairman
- University of Rio Grande, Board of Trustees, past member
- The Wellington School, Board of Trustees, past secretary and member
- The United States Naval Academy Information Program, area coordinator
Rate : $$$$