Taylor Tipton is an associate in the Firm’s Knoxville and Washington, D.C. offices. Mr. Tipton represents banks, bank holding companies, nonbank lenders, other financial services providers, and their investors in merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalization, and securities transactions.
He also advises depository and non-depository financial services providers on financial regulatory laws, including the Bank Holding Company Act, Change in Bank Control Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Dodd-Frank Act, and various state licensing and compliance laws throughout the nation.
He has represented clients in investigations and enforcement actions brought by the Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC, CFPB, OFAC, Department of Justice, state banking departments, and state attorneys general.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- The University of Tennessee, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Represented a U.S. credit card network operator in its investment in and restructuring of a Chinese payment processing company.
- Represented a Texas community bank in its $70.3 million initial public offering.
- Represented a North Carolina community bank in its $1.4 billion acquisition by a Midwestern regional bank.
- Represented a New Jersey community bank in multiple acquisitions.
- Represented a Wisconsin community bank holding company in its pre-packaged bankruptcy, initial public offering and acquisition by another bank holding company.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $550 million acquisition of a bank-owned consumer finance company.
- Advised a large national commodities exchange in complying with the provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Represented an e-payments processor in its $7.6 million settlement with the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Adjunct Professor – Contract Drafting, University of Tennessee College of Law (2017 – Present)
- Vice Chair – Mergers and Acquisitions Subcommittee, Banking Law Committee, American Bar Association (2018 – Present)
Rate : $$$$