Dale E. Barney has extensive experience in all aspects of debtor/creditor relations; bankruptcy and insolvency litigation; and commercial and chancery litigation. With substantial trial and appellate experience, Mr. Barney leads the dedicated litigation team within the Financial Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights Department and also offers cost effective alternatives to litigation, through arbitrations, mediations, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
He advises clients on all aspects of debtor/creditor disputes, workouts, and structured resolutions. Mr. Barney represents many of the firm’s secured and unsecured creditors and handles a wide variety of general commercial, corporate, and securities litigation.
Mr. Barney’s representative clients include The Bank of New York Mellon; Research Cottrell Cooling, Inc. and Hamon Corp; The Unsecured Creditors Committee in the chapter 11 case of R&S Parts and Service, Inc.; Tiffany and Company; Cooper Tire and Rubber Company; the Veolia North America companies; Armstrong Flooring, Inc., Armstrong World Industries, Inc.; Verizon Business Global LLC; HealthNet of the Northeast, Inc.; Valor Equity Partners, L.P.; Skanska USA Building Inc.; ING Real Estate Finance (USA), LLC; Midlantic Bank; First Fidelity Bank; First Union National Bank; and a variety of private investors and lenders.
Mr. Barney has also had major involvement in a number of the firm’s substantial trustee/debtor/creditors’ committee cases, such as Molycorp, Inc.; DBSI, Inc.; Manhattan Bagel Company, Inc.; Mutual Benefit Overseas, Inc.; Emerson Electric Company; Herman’s Sporting Goods, Inc.; and Twin County Grocers, Inc.
Mr. Barney practices in the Superior Court of New Jersey, the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of New Jersey, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the United States Bankruptcy Courts in other states.
- College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D.)
- President, Phi Alpha Delta, Wythe Chapter, 1985-1986
- Articles Editor, The Colonial Lawyer, 1986-1987
- University of Virginia (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections
- Garden State Credit Associates
Representative Cases :
- Matson America Transportation Services, LLC v. Guaranteed Overnight Delivery, Inc.[and] Armstrong World Industries, Inc., et al., Docket No. MID-L-2678-05 (N.J. Super. Ct. Law Div. March 10, 2008)
- Rickel & Associates, Inc. v. Smith (In re Rickel & Associates, Inc.), 272 B.R. 4 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2002)
- In re Manor Place Development Associates, L.P., 144 B.R. 67 (Bankr. D.N.J. 1992)
- Jersey Central Power & Light Co. v. Weigand, 234 N.J. Super. 514 (Law Div. 1989)
Rate : $$$