Dale A. Evans is a litigation associate in the West Palm Beach office of Locke Lord LLP. He focuses his practice on consumer finance, TCPA class action litigation, business litigation and dispute resolution, construction law, securities arbitration and litigation, and labor & employment law.
Dale’s experience includes representation of financial institutions and various other domestic and international corporations in federal and state courts throughout the state of Florida, in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and in arbitration.
A substantial portion of Dale’s practice is dedicated to representation of financial institutions, including residential mortgage lenders and servicers in individual and class action lawsuits concerning claims under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and state consumer fraud and deceptive business practice statutes such as the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA) and the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA).
Dale has defended companies in a variety of industries, including banking and financial services, in consumer class action lawsuits alleging claims including violation of the TCPA and FCRA.
Dale also has a strong background in construction law and has represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in all phases of construction litigation. Dale’s construction law experience includes lien foreclosure, payment bond claims, construction defects, breach of contract, and OSHA defense.
Dale also represents and advises clients in a variety of business litigation and dispute resolution matters, including complex commercial contract disputes and business torts.
Dale represents broker-dealers and financial institutions in securities litigation in state and federal court as well as in arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), including expungement proceedings.
Dale has represented clients in a myriad of labor and employment lawsuits, including non-competition and non-solicitation claims, misappropriation of trade secrets, and OSHA defense.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Member, Emerge Broward, Develop Committee, 2015-2016
- Member, Construction Association of South Florida, Young Leaders in Construction Committee, 2012-2016
- Member, Broward County Bar Association, Construction Section and Young Lawyers Section, 2012-2016
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2012
- B.S., Finance and Management, cum laude, Florida State University, 2009
Admissions: Florida, 2012
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012
Rate : $$$