Ms. Dalina Sumner represents clients in administrative and judicial proceedings regarding a wide array of tax matters such as tax incentive laws, personal and real property tax, construction excise tax and municipal license tax. She also represents clients in securities arbitrations.
Before joining the Tax Practice Group, Ms. Sumner’s legal practice centered on labor and employment litigation. Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2009, Ms. Sumner worked at McConnell Valdés as a Summer Associate in 2007 and 2008.
Throughout law school she was a member of the University of Puerto Rico Law School Review and in her final year served as Managing Editor of its Seventy-Eighth Volume.
Before attending law school she was the Associate Curator of Touring Exhibitions at the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico. Ms. Sumner has also worked as a Professor of Art History at the University of Puerto Rico, Interamerican University and the School of Visual Arts.
She is a native English speaker who is fluent in Spanish and Italian. She is also proficient in French.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Bachelor’s Degree, Columbia College, Columbia University, 1996
- Master’s Degree, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Columbia University in 2001
- J.D., University of Puerto Rico Law School, 2009
- Puerto Rico Bar Association, Young Lawyers Commission
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$