Damarr Butler is a staff attorney in O’Melveny’s Washington, DC office.* He leverages extensive experience in the public sector in his ERISA-focused practice. Prior to joining the firm, Damarr was an attorney in Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation’s Office of the General Counsel, where he represented the PBGC in complex federal bankruptcy, state insolvency/receivership, transactional, and litigation matters concerning ongoing and terminated defined benefit pension plans.
He also previously served as Special Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, representing the United States and its departments and agencies and federal government officials in their individual official capacities at the trial level concerning allegations of discrimination under Title VII, access to and/or the amendment of records under the FOIA and the Privacy Act, challenges to agency actions under the APA, and tort claims.
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth & District of Columbia Circuits
- Howard University School of Law, J.D.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Taxation LL.M., with a certificate in Employee Benefits Law
- Jackson State University, B.S., Criminal Justice
Rate : $$$$