Damon Vocke is a seasoned trial lawyer and business counselor, focusing his practice in complex insurance and reinsurance coverage and litigation matters. Mr. Vocke also has extensive experience with insurance regulatory and compliance, corporate governance, C-suite problem solving and internal investigations.
Mr. Vocke previously served as President and General Counsel of General Re Corporation, where he had executive responsibilities for a $6 billion business across 30 countries. He was also chairman of a Lloyd’s syndicate, chairman of the supervisory board of a German affiliate and chairman of United States Aviation Underwriters in New York.
In his capacity as Group General Counsel of Gen Re, Mr. Vocke also had responsibility for legal, regulatory, governance, compliance and claims. Both for Gen Re and for major insurance clients of his own firm, Mr. Vocke has led high-profile reinsurance, regulatory and white-collar criminal defense matters.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1989
- University of Michigan, B.A., with highest distinction, 1985
- Duane Morris LLP, – Partner, 2018-present
- Vocke Law Group LLP, – Managing Partner, 2016-2017
- General Re Corporation, – President and Global General Counsel, 2004-2016
- Lord, Bissell & Brook, – Associate/Partner, 1989-2004
- Federal Bar Council
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$