Damon W.D. Wright represents web-based businesses, e-commerce retailers, technology companies, and lead generators. Damon focuses on advertising, intellectual property, First Amendment, consumer, and regulatory compliance law.
He handles business disputes, trademark and copyright, false advertising, government investigations, defamation, right of publicity, fraud, trade secret, media relations, and other high-stakes matters.
Damon understands the evolving legal and business issues facing Internet retailers. He is outside general counsel to the Subscription Trade Association and the Responsible Traffic Association.
Damon maintains a national litigation practice while also providing responsive day-to-day and long-range advice to help clients protect themselves and achieve smart growth.
- For an online information product retailer, obtained multiple consent judgments, including substantial damages and permanent injunctions following trademark and copyright infringement by competitors
- At trial, represented a newspaper in a trademark infringement case and obtained a permanent injunction requiring that a competing newspaper change its name
- Represented online computer and television retailer in defense of FTC investigation, resulting in closed investigation and no enforcement action
- Represented an online nutraceutical retailer in an evidentiary hearing before the Better Business Bureau (BBB), persuading the BBB to restore client’s BBB accreditation and A+ rating
- Obtained a preliminary injunction for a national online health and beauty retailer in a trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, and misappropriation case against a competitor
- Won sanctions, summary judgment, and affirmance on appeal in a trademark infringement, fraud, and breach of duty of loyalty case between competing government contractors
- In several matters on behalf of various web-based business clients negotiated with national media outlets to retract, narrow, or balance otherwise unfavorable media coverage
- J.D. George Mason University School of Law 1996
- B.S. Political Science cum laude James Madison University 1993
Bar Admissions : Virginia, District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
Clerk Experience : Honorable Barry R. Poretz, U.S. Magistrate Judge U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia1996 1997.
Professional Memberships :
- General Counsel, Subscription Trade Association
- Member, Bryant Inn of Court
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Past president, officer, and board member, North Virginia Chapter of Federal Bar Association, 2007 – 2015.
Rate : $$$