Dan L. Boho has a national trial and mediation practice with verdicts in Illinois, California, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and appearances as pro hac vice counsel in 18 states. Mr. Boho, recent State Chair of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers and Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, handles high profile, media-intensive matters.
Crain’s Chicago Business also featured Mr. Boho as one of six lawyers honored as Chicago’s best lawyers in its, “Chicago’s Best, On the Record.” Leading Lawyers Magazine, in a survey of Illinois lawyers, listed Mr. Boho as one of the top two personal injury defense lawyers in Illinois.
Leading Lawyers Magazine: Business Edition listed Mr. Boho as one of the top business lawyers in Illinois and featured him in the article, “Enjoying the Human Element of Defense Litigation.” He is listed among Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation and served as Chairman of the Commercial Litigation Section of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.
Mr. Boho has served as General Counsel of the 22,000 member Chicago Bar Association and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Boho joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in May 1977. He is a 30-year member of Hinshaw’s Executive Committee, and is the Co-Practice Group Leader of the firm’s national Personal Injury and Property Damage Practice Group.
Representative Matters :
- Represented the producer of the Sugarland concert in the Indiana State Fair stage collapse litigation (seven dead, over 40 injured).
- Represents a logistics company in a class action arising from the April 2015 fire which destroyed a 12 acre GE plant.
- Obtained a summary judgment in 2015 for a monitoring device manufacture, in a case brought on behalf of 65 plaintiffs claiming serious fertility loss.
- Defended the East Bank Club in a personal injury case involving a plaintiff with an incomplete quadriplegic injury. The jury reached a no liability verdict for the East Bank Club and the plaintiff had asked for $16.5 million.
- Represented a media conglomerate in an alleged sexual assault case arising from a radio station “Bachelor” style promotion. The case was followed nationally by CNN, Fox and Inside Edition.
- Served as settlement counsel in litigation involving 22 dead and 60 injured.
Professional Affiliations :
- American College of Trial Lawyers, State Chair
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Illinois Society of Trial Lawyers, President
- Leading Lawyers of Illinois, Advisory Board
- Trial Lawyer’s Club of Chicago, President
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, Justice (President)
- J.D., Loyola University of Chicago, 1977
- B.A., Loyola University of Chicago, 1974
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
Rate : $$$