Dan J. Jordanger helps clients throughout the United States solve environmental problems, litigate complex environmental disputes, and manage issues that arise under an array of environmental laws.
Through his nearly 30 years working with clients to protect their interests and mitigate their exposure to risk, Dan has used his practical knowledge to advance development, manufacturing, transactional and remediation projects.
Dan advises clients on natural resource, waste management and reporting obligations. He also manages PRP groups and members of groups at waste sites and during litigation, under waste cleanup laws. His clients include electric utilities, manufacturers, mining companies, equity investors, lenders and municipalities.
- Represented companies on a wide range of regulatory matters and related litigation, including CERCLA, RCRA, CWA and analogous state rulemakings; hazardous waste site administrative actions; CERCLA cost recovery, contribution and natural resource damage claims; and permit proceedings for developers, manufacturers and mining companies
- Represented PRP groups at Superfund sites in litigation, compliance with consent decree obligations, and defense of NRD claims
- Represented individual PRPs to resolve claims at over 200 Superfund sites
- Prepared and negotiated contractual terms and conditions concerning environmental matters and oversaw due diligence in business, real estate and related financing transactions
- Advised lenders on managing and avoiding environmental risks
- Advised corporations, small businesses and municipalities on compliance issues arising under federal, state and local environmental laws
- Conducted and managed environmental compliance audits at manufacturing, electric generating and mining facilities
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1988
- BA, The College of William & Mary, 1984
- Member, American Bar Association, Sections of Environment, Energy, & Resources Law and Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
- Member, Virginia State Bar, Environmental and Administrative Law Sections
- Member, Virginia Bar Association, Environmental and Administrative Law Sections
- Admitted to Practice: US Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and DC Circuit, US District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and Western District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$