Dan Laidman focuses his practice on media, First Amendment, and intellectual property litigation and counseling, including defamation, newsgathering, prior restraint, reporter’s privilege, records and courtroom access, privacy, right of publicity, copyright, and trademark issues.
He also advises newspaper, Internet, radio, and television clients on pre-publication and pre-broadcast legal issues. Dan serves on the board of directors of the nonprofit open government group Californians Aware, and has been on the Davis Wright Tremaine Pro Bono Committee. Prior to practicing law, Dan worked as a newspaper reporter.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Kim McLane Wardlaw, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, Pasadena, Calif., 2010-2011
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Los Angeles, 2009
- Extern, National Public Radio, Washington, D.C., 2009
- Law Clerk, Housing Rights Center, Los Angeles, 2008
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2010
- Michael T. Mason Scholar
- UCLA Law Review
- B.A., History, Columbia University, 2001, with honors
- Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Daily Spectator
Rate : $$$$