Dan Schneider practices in the areas of banking, finance and major projects. He advises on issues involved in the delivery of financial services and products, securities clearing, settlement and transfer, as well as the development of new service facilities. Mr. Schneider’s publications have been featured in industry and professional journals.
In addition, he has served the US Securities and Exchange Commission as deputy associate director for Self-Regulatory Oversight & Market Structure in the Division of Market Regulation and the US Department of Justice as trial lawyer in the Antitrust Division.
Mr. Schneider focuses his practice on the regulation of capital markets and market participants, including clearing organizations, intermediaries and transfer agents — both foreign and US-based.
His clients include banks, non-bank securities entities, trade associations and informal coalitions. Mr. Schneider also serves as counsel to governmental agencies and private entities on capital market development, market structure matters and cross-border financial activities.
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (1975)
- Willamette University College of Law (J.D.) (1974)
- St. Olaf College (B.A. cum laude) (1969)
- Illinois Supreme Court~United States (1987)
- District of Columbia~United States (1979)
- Oregon Supreme Court~United States (1974)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Served as general counsel to a coalition of global custody banks and advised coalition member banks individually on matters involving market structure and regulation and the cross-border servicing of global institutional investors.
- Provided structuring and compliance advice, created organizational/governance materials and drafted netting, collateralization, as well as close-out rules and procedures for a model Inter-Bank Foreign Exchange Clearing House.
- Counseled various US-based Internet companies and financial service providers on legal and regulatory issues involved in delivering securities information and advice and providing electronic trading and trade data services in international e-commerce.
Rate : $$$