Dana S. Connell has practiced exclusively in the field of employment litigation for more than 30 years, representing companies in all types of employment matters. He has litigated cases of all sizes under a variety of employment and labor laws, including:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles I and III (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- State law equivalents
Dana has argued numerous times before the federal courts of appeal, including the Seventh Circuit in Chicago and the Sixth, Eighth and District of Columbia Circuits. He also practices in state courts and before the Illinois Department of Human Rights and Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and other state agencies.
Additionally, Dana represents employers in labor arbitrations and mediation. He engages in a wide range of activities designed to help clients take necessary actions while minimizing liability, including advising on discipline and termination matters, compliance, FMLA issues, pre-employment screening, reductions-in-force, and in-house training.
Dana has been interviewed for and has published articles on a variety of subjects, including the ADA, FMLA, ADEA, sexual harassment, and workplace violence. He speaks extensively on employment law topics and has testified before the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights regarding the ADA.
Dana helped open Littler’s Chicago office in 1997. He served on the firm’s shareholder compensation and nominating committees for many years and currently is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. He also oversees all of the firm’s advice and compliance practice groups.
- J.D., Washington and Lee School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Denison University, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- President, Indian Hill Club, 2005-2006
- Chair, Lawrence Hall Youth Services of Chicago, 1999-2003
Rate : $$$