Dana Proud Newman practices in the area of tax, corporate and real estate law. Her wide-ranging practice focuses on advising clients on transactions that have a particular tax focus or tax sensitivity.
Dana has deep experience handling corporate and real property transactions that utilize joint venture structures and transactions that involve tax credits or tax-exempt bond financing.
Her corporate practice includes representing both large and small corporate clients in connection with joint ventures, M&A and financing transactions. Her real property practice includes representation of investors and developers in structuring the ownership and financing of real property projects.
Combining tax, joint venture and real estate issues, transactions involving tax credits have been a particular focus of Dana’s practice.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a corporation in the aircraft industry over a number of years in the formation, restructuring and ultimate disposition of a joint venture to develop and sell new aircraft models.
- Represented a real estate developer in all tax aspects of the acquisition and renovation of a landmark Los Angeles hotel, including the structuring and restructuring of the joint venture ownership of the hotel with investors.
- Representing a Fortune 50 corporation in making over $500 million in investments in solar energy projects eligible for solar tax credits since 2013.
- Since the early 1990s, Dana has been actively involved in hundreds of transactions representing corporate investors and developers of affordable housing eligible for federal tax credits.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1981
- M.S., Taxation, University of New Haven, 1979
- B.A., Yale University, 1974
ADMISSIONS : California
COURTS : U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$