Dana L. Strueby represents companies in both individual and complex litigation, including multidefendant product liability matters. Dana works in all stages of litigation, including discovery, motion practice and trial.
Dana has served on numerous case teams and trial teams in the defense of personal injury and wrongful death smoking-and-health cases.
Dana also manages trial teams, helping prepare for all trial-related activities, including briefing and research issues. She also helps develop trial strategies, creating cross-examination outlines for plaintiffs’ fact and expert witnesses and preparing for the direct examinations of her clients’ witnesses.
Dana’s efforts have helped her teams secure favorable verdicts in the majority of her trials. She has also drafted post-trial and appellate motions and briefs for matters in both state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions.
In addition, Dana manages cases during the discovery phase. She coordinates with plaintiffs’ counsel, develops strategy ideas and identifies potential themes, positioning the case for trial if necessary and working to prompt the resolution of the case prior to trial, where appropriate.
Dana’s discovery and pretrial work also includes taking depositions; attending hearings; coordinating records collection and other fact investigation; and drafting written discovery motions, motions for summary judgment and motions in limine.
Dana is dedicated to improving her community and her profession. She devotes a portion of her practice to working for the interests of children and families through guardianship and adoption cases.
Dana’s pro bono work has also taken her to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, where she helped draft an appellate brief arguing for increased funding for foster parents in Missouri. Dana also mentors associates in navigating the legal profession, which earned her Shook’s 2016 Sylvan Siegler Award for Excellence in Mentoring.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Missouri, 2010
- Order of the Coif
- Missouri Law Review, Editor-In-Chief
- Regional Moot Court Team
- Top Second-Year Oral Advocate and Top Second-Year Brief, Moot Court Competition
- Roscoe Anderson Award for Excellence in Advocacy
- National Moot Court Prize
- B.J., summa cum laude, University of Missouri, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge 2018 Participant
- Griffiths Leadership Society for Women, Executive Committee Member
- Main Street Corridor Development Corporation, Board Member
Rate : $$$$