Danek Freeman is a partner in the Firm’s Banking and Finance practice based in New York. He regularly advises leading financial institutions and direct lenders in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including leveraged and investment grade acquisition financings, syndicated lending, and private debt financings.
His practice also includes margin loan financing and stressed and distressed credit transactions, including rescue financings, loan sales and DIP financings.
Financial institution clients represented by Mr. Freeman include Barclays, Capital One, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley. Direct lender clients include PSP Investments, Brookfield Asset Management and Guggenheim Partners.
- J.P. Morgan, as sole lead arranger and administrative agent, in a $5 billion senior unsecured revolving credit facility for Microsoft Corporation
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in a senior secured term facility to finance its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.)
- Capital One N.A., as agent, in $2.15 billion senior secured facilities to finance the $1.8 billion acquisition by Meredith Corporation of Time Inc. and related debt refinancing
- Guggenheim Partners, as secured lender and equity holder, in connection with the chapter 11 cases and in its sale of BCBG Max Azria Group, Inc. to Global Brands Group Holding Ltd. and Marquee Brands LLC
- Morgan Stanley in providing committed bridge financing for BGC Partners Inc. in its $675 million hostile offer for rival GFI Group
- Haverford College (B.A., 1993)
- Univ of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1998)
Admissions : New York State
Rate : $$$