Dan Anziska focuses his practice on antitrust and related regulatory issues. Dan has litigated a wide range of antitrust lawsuits, on both the plaintiff and defense side, in the construction, modeling, sports, publishing, energy, energy storage, security and healthcare industries.
He also is a leading practitioner on antitrust / IP convergence issues and litigates cutting edge antitrust and patent misuse claims in this space.
His practice also focuses on counseling parties on antitrust issues with respect to mergers and acquisitions, including assessing potential competitive impacts of transactions, drafting relevant deal provisions and managing the substantive antitrust approval process with US and foreign competition agencies.
To that end, Dan routinely advises clients on competition and national security (CFIUS) issues concerning China and Taiwan businesses, including coordination with China’s MOFCOM.
Dan similarly counsels clients on distribution, joint venture, licensing and trade association issues. Dan is on the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Antitrust Section and routinely speaks on panels addressing competition issues.
Representative Matters :
- Represented the largest electrical union chapter in the US in a boycott case brought by contractors with laborers affiliated with members of a rival union. After extensive discovery, the SDNY court granted summary judgment finding that the proof did not support an inference of collusion. The Second Circuit affirmed the decision.
- Representing a commercial bank in asserting a monopolization claim against a large Patent Assertion Entity for its acquisition of, and enforcement activities with respect to, a patent portfolio.
- Represented a multi-national lens company in the E.D. Virginia in asserting a patent misuse defense in connection with a patent infringement claim asserted against it. The matter was resolved.
- Represent clients in connection with U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) / Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reviews, including with respect to responding to second requests.
- Counseled and coordinated foreign antitrust analyses for a Georgia broadband-equipment manufacturer on a $2.5 billion corporate acquisition that successfully cleared full HSR review by the U.S. Justice Department within 90 days.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Section Executive Committee Member
- Faculty Lecturer with the Practicing Law Institute
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Yeshiva University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1997
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Rate : $$$