Daniel G. Bath is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, Consumer Litigation Defense & Financial Services, Real Estate, Land Use and Environment, Banking & Finance, and Professional Liability Practices.
With more than 25 years of civil litigation experience, Mr. Bath regularly represents professionals, financial institutions and business concerns in a wide range of commercial matters, with an emphasis on finance lender liability, real estate litigation and professional liability defense.
He also has experience in the areas of bankruptcy, trade secret misappropriation litigation, common interest development law, product and general liability defense, first and third-party property insurance coverage and litigation, livestock and transportation litigation.
Mr. Bath was the lead trial attorney in the precedent-setting commercial decision Arriaga v. CitiCapital Commercial Corporation, in which the California Court of Appeal held for the first time that a finance lessor not engaged in the business of distributing goods to the public cannot be held strictly liable for personal injuries based on a theory that it was instrumental in placing the product into the stream of commerce.
Mr. Bath also was the lead defense attorney in the ground-breaking insurance “bad faith” decision Chateau Chamberay Homeowners Association v. Associated International Insurance Company, holding an insurer denying or delaying payment of policy benefits due to a genuine dispute over the existence of coverage liability is not liable for tortious breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of California at Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts in English
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Bay Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Rate : $$$