Daniel T. Berkley has more than 35 years of experience in labor and employment law and personnel management. He represents a diverse management client base across a broad range of industries—including health care, hospitality, restaurants, gaming, food sales and distribution and wine and spirits—in disputes before employment-related agencies and in state and federal courts.
Daniel, who began his career as an attorney for the National Labor Relations Board, also has extensive experience in dispute resolution, collective bargaining negotiations, contract administration and grievance resolution.
He frequently provides guidance toward the resolution of challenging employee/employer issues in both union and non-union environments and he regularly advises clients on sexual harassment and discrimination prevention, policies and training.
Daniel has engaged in counseling employers in union campaigns and collective bargaining with numerous labor organizations in their various international and national affiliations and locals.
Daniel regularly speaks on leading trends and developments in the labor and employment field, and he is a frequent contributor to various trade and educational publications. Organizations he has worked with include California Association of Healthcare Facilities, Women for Wine Sense (Napa and Sonoma), Community Care Options, Academy Of Hospitality Industry Attorneys, California CPA Education Foundation, Lorman Enterprises and Sterling Education Services.
- University of California, Boalt Hall School of Law (J.D., 1971)
- Wayne State University (B.A.)
- California Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys
- California Association of Health Care Facilities, Associate Member
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$