Daniel I. Booker is a trial lawyer and a business counselor. His antitrust and trade regulation practice includes counseling and litigation in mergers, acquisitions, price fixing, distributor relations, advertising, labor/antitrust, consumer banking, monopolization and franchising.
He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in civil antitrust litigation; defendants in criminal antitrust trials; targets of federal grand jury investigations; and distributors and manufacturers in dealer-termination cases. He has represented both acquiring and acquired firms in friendly and hostile takeovers.
Outside the antitrust field, Dan has tried or been counsel in an array of corporate governance and commercial matters, and in class actions, arbitrations or lawsuits involving acquisition agreements, tender offers, supply contracts, false advertising, securities fraud, employment discrimination, public finance, consumer banking, health insurance, state insurance regulation and federal research grants.
Dan has been chair of numerous professional programs on antitrust issues and is the author of numerous professional articles on trade regulation law, litigation and law practice.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1971, J.D., Articles and Book Review Editor of Law Review; Order of the Coif
- University of Pittsburgh, 1968, B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- District of Columbia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- All State and Federal Courts – District of Columbia
- All State and Federal Courts – Pennsylvania
Professional Affiliations :
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
- American Bar Association – Past Chair of the Antitrust Section Civil Practice and Procedure Committee; Associate Editor, Antitrust Magazine
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Past Chairman of the Antitrust and Class Action Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- University of Chicago Law School – Member of the Visiting Committee (2008-2015)
- Represented The Pennsylvania State University in various lawsuits arising from the Sandusky scandal
- Represented majority owners of a large, privately held company in “baseball” style proceeding to determine value of a minority owner’s interest
- Defended Bayer in monopolization litigation in its Dr. Scholl’s product line
- Represented global bank in injunction action brought in Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County to enjoin Occupy Pittsburgh from continuing to camp on bank property
- Defended Airbus Inc. in federal court in Los Angeles in antitrust litigation filed by a supplier of components for passenger aircraft
- Defended Quaker State Oil Corporation in class action litigation alleging an agreement with competitors to fix the price of Penn grade crude oil
- Trial to verdict for Highmark Inc., health insurer, as plaintiff in an action to enjoin false advertising by a competing health insurer
Rate : $$$