Daniel N. Budofsky is the leader of the Derivatives & Structured Products group and deputy leader of the firm wide Financial Services Industry Group. He advises financial institutions, corporations, investment funds and asset managers on financial products and regulation in domestic and international transactions.
Daniel’s practice encompasses equity derivatives, securities lending and repurchase transactions, energy and commodity hedging, regulatory capital transactions, synthetic securitizations and other types of derivatives across all asset classes. He works on numerous derivatives and financing transactions, as well as a variety of complex structured products.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Acted as counsel to the Asset Management Group of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in connection with derivatives reform.
- Represented the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) in connection with the drafting of the 2006 Fund Derivatives Definitions and the 2011 Equity Derivatives Definitions projects.
- Member, New York City Bar (1992–present)
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Member and Former Chairman, Derivatives and Structured Products Law Committee
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.S., Cornell University
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$