With more than 20 years’ experience as a commercial litigator, Daniel J. Buzzetta is an advocate, counselor and strategist for his clients. Dan maintains a national litigation practice that cuts across varied industries and subject matters, and involves all facets of litigation from pre-litigation counseling to appellate review.
By way of example, Dan has litigated commercial contract disputes; business torts; securities cases; shareholder and partnership disputes; class actions; banking, antitrust, construction, real estate and trademark matters; RICO cases; and consumer fraud and deceptive trade practice cases, as well as employment cases.
Dan’s practice also includes conducting internal corporate and regulatory investigations on behalf of management, directors and special committees, and he is a certified Part 36 New York State Supreme Court Receiver.
Dan has successfully tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts and in domestic and international arbitrations, and has argued appeals in appellate courts, including in the New York Court of Appeals, the state’s highest court.
Dan partners with his clients to understand their business, challenges and objectives, providing cost-effective, practical business-minded strategies to protect their interests inside and outside the courtroom. Dan is an experienced and skilled advocate and writer, with a knack for breaking down complex concepts in a clear, accessible way.
Because Dan’s cases follow him home at the end of the day, Dan has gained the trust of clients who repeatedly turn to him for counsel and to represent them on their most important matters. While Dan works tirelessly on behalf of his clients, he never loses sight of the impact litigation has on their business and bottom line.
- Defending national waste management company in multiple putative class actions alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Defending national broker-dealer in putative class actions concerning employment practices and alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained dismissal on summary judgment of class action antitrust complaint against national waste management company.
- Defended nutraceutical company in litigation against a shareholder in federal court, and prosecuted related trademark infringement in arbitration, resulting in relinquishment of shareholder’s stock and monetary settlement of infringement claim.
- Obtained dismissal of civil RICO claims on behalf of real estate developer in dispute among investors.
- Represented international construction firm concerning payment dispute, lien claims, defective design and construction claims, and surety claims.
- Represented federal banking regulators defending claims of unlawful closure of federally chartered financial institution involved in fraudulent banking practices.
- American Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction (2017 to 2020)
- International Bar Association
- The Fund for Modern Courts
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1994; Associate Editor, Fordham Urban Law Journal; Member, Fordham Moot Court Board
- B.A., Political Science and International Relations, Tufts University, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
Rate : $$$$