Daniel F. Basnight is of counsel in the firm’s Newport News office. Dan’s practice includes litigation and counseling in a wide variety of employment issues including wage and hour claims, sexual discrimination, racial discrimination, age discrimination, workplace harassment, employee handbooks, social media and drug testing.
Dan also litigates cases involving covenants not to compete, breach of franchise agreements and trust and estates. He has defended clients from claims for defamation and malicious prosecution. Dan is also a member of the Real Estate Claims & Title Insurance Solutions Group.
He has extensive experience representing banks, credit unions, private lenders, loan servicers, and property owners in residential title and other real estate matters, including quiet title, easements, boundary lines, breach of contract, missing interests, partition, legal description errors, unreleased liens and judgments, adverse possession, bona fide purchaser status, and lien priority disputes.
- University of Virginia; B.A., with honors, 1975
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; M.B.A., 1979
- Old Dominion University; M.A., 1992
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1998
- North Carolina Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Versability Resources, Inc; Board of Directors
- The Salvation Army, Virginia Peninsula; Board of Directors
Rate : $$$