Daniel Blanks focuses his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, financial restructuring, distressed asset acquisitions, creditors’ rights, commercial workouts, consumer financial litigation, and commercial litigation.
He is experienced in representing corporate debtors, official and unofficial committees of creditors or equity holders, asset acquirers, plan administrators, liquidating trustees, secured lenders, creditors, and other stakeholders in a variety of business Chapter 11 cases, and foreign trustees in Chapter 15 proceedings.
In addition, he has defended multiple defendants in class action and single plaintiff lawsuits brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and comparable Florida state laws regarding consumers.
- University of Richmond, JD, cum laude (2002)
- College of William and Mary, BA, Government (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Advisory Board Member, American Bankruptcy Institute Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- Member, Jacksonville Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Board Member, Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association (2002-2010)
Rate : $$$