Daniel J. Franklin’s practice focuses on labor and employment, complex business litigation, class actions, and mass torts, among other matters. He represents a broad array of clients including major airlines, insurers, real estate developers and contractors, brokerage holding organizations and franchisors, and tech companies.
Before joining O’Melveny, Daniel worked at the World Bank, where he analyzed international and foreign-domestic laws applicable to the Bank’s projects. He also assisted negotiations with client governments regarding the Bank’s standard bidding documents, and revised and updated the Bank’s procurement guidelines.
Daniel has an active pro bono practice, and has represented individuals and organizations in a wide range of matters. Before joining O’Melveny, he worked with several non-profit organizations, including The Synergos Institute, an international organization dedicated to fighting poverty and promoting equity in the developing world. In addition, he interned with public officials in the United States and the United Kingdom, including then U.S. Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
Daniel is dedicated to diversity awareness and was recently selected as one of the National LGBT Bar Association’s 40 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40. He was a founding member of the LGBT Bar Association of New York’s Public Interest Law Committee and is a member of the Williams Institute’s Legal Council.
- representing a Fortune 100 company in a wrongful termination action
- representing a major U.S. airline in a nationwide FLSA class-action
- counselling a Fortune 100 company facing a union-engineered work slowdown
- representing a major package delivery company in dozens of related class and individual actions concerning contract disputes with pick-up and delivery contractors over employment classification
- representing the owner-developer of a large-scale construction project in dozens of actions seeking millions of dollars of damages following a major construction accident
- advising a large real estate brokerage holding company on litigation avoidance strategies
- representing an excess carrier’s insureds in multiple high-stakes litigations
- representing a biopharmaceutical company in a royalty dispute with a state university system over patented technology.
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Georgetown University, J.D.: cum laude; Global Law Scholar; Dean’s List; Recipient, CALI Awards in International Commercial Arbitration, International Business Transactions and Dispute Resolution, and International Legal Theory Colloquium; Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law
- Brandeis University, B.A., Politics: Dean’s List
Rate : $$$