Daniel Gorman’s hands-on approach emphasizes practical pre-litigation strategies, including efficient discovery management, settlement negotiations and mediations to guide clients across sectors through all phases of litigation and appeals in state and federal courts as well as in mediation and arbitration.
Daniel’s broad range of litigation experience includes the representation of clients in complex commercial litigation and business disputes; unfair competition, fraud, employment law and discrimination cases; and healthcare reimbursement and healthcare fraud matters.
Daniel also has experience representing clients in maritime and environmental matters involving pollution, marine collisions and cargo subrogation.
Representative Matters :
- Successfully defended a hospital system in a protracted dispute with a national managed care company over allegations of fraud and abuse, overbilling, and upcoding in a commercial arbitration.
- Successfully defended a New York hospital against whistleblower and retaliation claims brought by a nurse manager contending various health and safety violations.
- Represented hospitals, physicians, medical boards and trustees in favorable resolutions of medical staff credentialing and peer review issues.
- Represented healthcare facilities and physicians in actions for proper reimbursement under ERISA.
- Represented criminal defendants in bail pending appeal applications to the Appellate Division.
Professional Experience : Judicial Intern for the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Barristers, 2013,
- Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, B.A., 2009
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
Rate : $$$