Daniel B. Gurman represents and counsels clients on a wide variety of complex commercial transactions involving intellectual property, technology, and data. Mr. Gurman represents clients in a wide array of industries, including advertising, health care, travel, defense, sports, media, and finance.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gurman worked at a leading international law firm in New York City, where he represented clients in all aspects of patent practice, including worldwide patent licensing and monetization, domestic and foreign patent litigation and other post-grant proceedings, due diligence for corporate acquisitions and investments, freedom-to-operate and opinion work, and patent portfolio development.
Mr. Gurman is a registered patent attorney. He holds degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the University of California, Davis and Carnegie Mellon University and obtained his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Carnegie Mellon University, M.S., 2007
- University of California, Davis, B.S., 2006
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Matters :
- A technology company in a dispute with its I.T. services vendor.
- A hospital in restructuring its outsourcing arrangements.
- A health technology company in an asset acquisition.
- Facilitated the development of a global licensing program, involving thousands of IP assets, for a leading technology company.
- Represented a leading technology company in an oral hearing before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Board of Appeals.
Rate : $$$$