Daniel Q. Harrington’s practice focuses on the pursuit of product liability and professional negligence claims in connection with major property damage losses suffered by businesses, homeowners and their insurers. Dan has also represented clients in commercial disputes, such as tortious interference, wrongful termination and breach of warranty claims.
Dan is a frequent author and speaker on issues related to subrogation and the investigation and pursuit of property damage claims and regarding legal ethics and professional responsibility. He is co-author (with Cozen O’Connor attorney Tom Wilkinson) of the chapter on “Conflicts of Interest” in the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Ethics Handbook.
Dan is a member of the American, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania (chair, Committee on Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility) and Philadelphia Bar Associations. He is chair of the New Jersey Supreme Court’s District IV Ethics Committee that conducts attorney ethics investigations in Camden and Gloucester counties.
He has also served as an adjunct instructor in trial advocacy at the Beasley School of Law at Temple University. Dan earned his Bachelor of Arts (with high distinction) at the University of Iowa in 1979 and his law degree, also at the University of Iowa (also with high distinction), in 1981.
- Pursued an indemnity claim on behalf of a livestock feed manufacturer against an ingredient supplier whose breach of warranty resulted in a product recall and illness and death among hundreds of thousands of animals.
- Represented the insurer of a business that suffered increased flood damages due to the collapse of a privately owned dam during Tropical Storm Irene.
- Represented a building products manufacturer in a breach of warranty claim against a raw materials supplier whose non-conforming goods subjected the client to over 800 product liability claims.
- Represented a startup pharmaceutical developer in a contamination claim against its European-based contract manufacturer and testing laboratory.
- Pursued multiple fire damage claims on behalf of commercial property owners and their insurers against manufacturers of metal halide lighting products.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Iowa, B.A., 1979
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota; New Jersey; New York; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Camden County (NJ) Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Co-Chair
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$