Daniel S. Hurtes concentrates his practice in all aspects of consumer finance litigation. He regularly represents mortgage lenders and servicers in disputes under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, and FDCPA, state law UDAP claims, and a variety of common law claims.
He is experienced with motion practice, oral argument, the discovery process, trial practice and post-trial work.
In addition to regularly representing financial institutions in consumer financial service matters, Daniel is experienced in commercial, corporate, and employment litigation.
While in law school, Daniel was a member of the Nova Law Review.
- Fla. 5th DCA 2013 – A financial institution, in an appeal of a trial court’s factual findings at trial and obtained an order affirming the trial court’s entry of final judgment in favor of the financial institution.
- Fla. 3d DCA 2013 – Represented appellee. Obtained an order dismissing the appeal based on the appellant’s failure to comply with appellate procedures.
- Fla. 3d DCA 2015 – A financial institution, in an appeal of a trial court’s factual findings at trial and obtained an order affirming the trial court’s entry of final judgment in favor of the financial institution.
- U.S. Dist. Ct., M.D. Fla. – A financial institution, in a suit involving claims under the FDCPA and FCCPA and obtained an order of dismissal in favor of the financial institution.
- 11th Cir. 2016 – Represented appellee. Moved to dismiss an appeal for lack of jurisdiction on the grounds that the court lacked jurisdiction to review an order remanding the case back to state court based on lack of subject matter jurisdiction and a defect in the removal procedure. Motion to dismiss was granted and the appeal was dismissed.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, BA
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, JD
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
Rate : $$$