Daniel Barsky is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP where he is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group. He regularly represents clients in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters. Daniel has worked on matters that range from data breach and trade secret theft, to pharmaceutical price fixing, pharmaceutical development, technology patents, and novel issues regarding the short-term rental marketplace.
He represents startup and new business ventures and has helped multiple startups develop, protect, grow, and enforce their intellectual property and other business assets. In addition to his litigation and counseling work, Daniel is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and regularly prosecutes patents, trademarks, and copyrights for clients. He is also admitted to practice in Florida and Minnesota.
Daniel is an adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law where he teaches patent litigation and is the University’s faculty supervisor for the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Law School Clinic Program. As the faculty supervisor, Daniel works with students and clients in the University’s Startup Practicum, another part of his connection to Florida’s startup and entrepreneurial community.
- University of Miami, J.D. cum laude 2006
- Bates College, B.S. Biological Chemistry and Economics, 2003
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Board of Directors, B’Nai B’Rith Justice Unit #5207
- Board of Directors, Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Inc. (2010-2016)
- Former Corporate Secretary (2012)
- Former Member of Executive Board of Directors (2012)
- Vice Chair, Appellate Practice Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Palm Beach County Young Lawyers Division
- Corporate Secretary, Fourth DCA 50th Anniversary Committee, Inc.
Rate : $$$