Daniel K. Johnson devotes 100 percent of his practice to construction litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and government contracting. Daniel has experience representing regional, national, and international contractors, engineers, and owners in a variety of proceedings. Daniel has significant experience conducting discovery, depositions, witness examinations, and working with experts and consultants in arbitrations and trials for complex construction matters. Daniel’s most recent experience has been focused on heavy industrial and power plant megaprojects.
Daniel was recognized in 2018 as a Georgia “Rising Star” for Construction Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Represented an EPC contractor in litigation in Federal Court who was responsible for the design and construction of two new nuclear power plant units in Georgia, the first new nuclear power plants to be constructed in the United States in 30 years. Contractor’s claims, which were in excess of $1.6 billion, were ultimately settled to the satisfaction of the client.
- Represented a heavy mechanical contractor in a dispute that involved the construction and installation of a HRSG cogeneration plant. We obtained an arbitration award of more than $26 million in favor of the client, which represented 100% of damages sought and included interest, expenses and attorney’s fees.
- Represented an EPC contractor, which was a limited partnership comprised of three international design and construction firms, in litigation in Kansas state court concerning the design and construction of a coal-fired boiler for a new power plant in Texas. Millions of dollars in claims against the designer/manufacturer of the coal-fired boiler were successfully resolved by designer/manufacturer’s payment of a mid-eight-figure amount.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. (2013)
- University of Virginia, B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering (2010)
- Georgia (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2014)
- Supreme Court of Georgia (2014)
- Court of Appeals of Georgia (2014)
- Superior Court of Georgia (2013)
Rate : $$$