Daniel Kohn is a partner in the Chicago office of Duane Morris, and is a member of the Real Estate and Finance practice groups. Mr. Kohn has extensive experience representing banks, lending institutions and borrowers in various financing transactions, including structuring, negotiating and documenting syndicated and participated credits , healthcare related real estate financing, as well as acquisition, construction, conversion and letter of credit backed facilities.
Mr. Kohn also has extensive experience in commercial real estate development, sales and leasing, including significant experience in acquisitions, development, financing and construction of residential, office and industrial buildings. He also represents landlords and tenants in lease negotiations and has been involved in multistate retail leasing transactions involving leases throughout the United States.
- Represented a national lender as administrative agent and lead lender in a $100 million syndicated secured financing to a multi-borrower group of 74 skilled nursing homes located in five states.
- Represented a national bank as administrative agent and lead lender in a $61 million syndicated secured financing to a Midwest-based customer-communications provider for businesses and nonprofit organizations using print and digital media.
- Represented major global bank as agent and lead lender in a $115 million syndicated acquisition financing to a multi-borrower group located in three states in the assisted living and skilled nursing business.
- Acted as counsel to lenders involved in financing of hospital, nursing home and assisted living facility developments.
- Acted as counsel to both lenders and borrowers involved in construction of strip centers, regional centers, office buildings and residential developments.
- Counseled lenders regarding issuance of real estate backed letters of credit and bond transactions.
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Duane Morris LLP, – Partner, 1999-present
- Holleb & Coff, Chicago, Illinois, – Partner, 1997-1999
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$