Daniel K. Liffmann is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Real Estate practice. He focuses on all areas of real estate law and regularly represents institutional lenders in the origination of industrial, multi-family, retail and office construction loans and on refinancing and acquisition loans secured by all types of real estate, with significant experience in the hospitality sector, and on the servicing, workout and restructuring of such loans.
Dan also regularly represents landlords, tenants, purchasers, sellers and joint ventures in connection with sale-leaseback, purchase and sale, and joint venture transactions.
Dan currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Real Estate Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
- Brown University, BA
- Loyola Law School, JD, cum laude
Admissions : California
- Executive Committee of the Real Estate Finance section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Construction and renovation loans (mortgage and mezzanine) in jurisdictions across the United States totaling more than $2 billion, with more than $1 billion in California alone
- Syndication, participation, assignment and acquisition of commercial mortgage and mezzanine loans
- Complex capital structures, including multi-property financings and mortgage loans with multiple levels of mezzanine financing
- Modifications, pre-negotiation and forbearance agreements, and deeds-in-lieu in connection with workouts totaling more than $500 million
- Represented a buyer/landlord in connection with a sale-leaseback of a grocery store portfolio with a total purchase price of $280 million
- Represented a seller/tenant of a Fortune 500 healthcare company in connection with a $160 million sale-leaseback of office properties located in two states
Rate : $$$